Jill Atonishak | Style Profile
Spring / Summer 2018
Polished and put together with fun and feminine details. Balancing structured and sophisticated pieces with interesting feminine details to achieve the perfect combination of tailored and relaxed.
Your color palette is full of color! Pastels and gem tones look great on you, especially blues and greens. Balance these bright hues with anchor colors like white, navy and jean. As you continue to grow your wardrobe, stay away from safe colors life black, grey, khaki and oatmeal.
Gain inspiration from these style bloggers, celebrities and style icons.
Julia Engle is the queen of dresses and is unapologetically feminine and romantic. You can almost smell roses when scrolling through her Instagram or blog, Glam Meets Gal. As a confident style influencer, Julia tends to go a little overboard on details, often wearing ruffles, bows and statement earrings all in one look. You can gain inspiration from her more simple looks and commitment to dresses and feminine details. Also, be on the lookout as she launches a new clothing line in the next few weeks!
Meghan Markle’s style was clean, polished and classic even before the Royal Family was on her horizon. You already love Kate Middleton’s style, but Meghan’s style is a little more fashion forward and has American roots. Gain inspiration from her ability to mix casual jeans with a classic button down, trench coat or flats for a clean polished look. Meghan doesn’t have social media, but as the UK’s new sweetheart, you’ll see plenty of her through all media outlets.
Ashley Fultz knows a thing or two about style as a former E! Producer and fashion blogger. Living in California, Ashley’s style is cool, casual and practical. Much Lauren Conrad’s but more grown up. Gain inspiration on her Instagram and blog, The Style Editrix from her everyday outfits and how she adds details like a scarf, a hat or a statement shoe for extra interest.
Spring / Summer Wardrobe Essentials
- Super casual tees
- Casual tops (to dress up or down)
- Spring sweaters
- Works tops
- Jean jacket – sorry John 😉
- Washed black jacket
- Black blazers
- Striped knit blazer
Pants + Shorts
- Dark jeans (skinny + flare)
- Light wash jeans
- White jeans
- Cargo pants
- Shorts (on shopping list)
- Navy Theory suit
- Navy Hobbs suit
- Knit printed pencil skirt
- Black pencil skirt
- Printed fit + flare skirt
DRESSES + JUMPSUITS
Shoes (on shopping list)
- White Michael Kors slip ons
- Closed toe flats
- Flat sandals
- Classic pump (black and nude)
- Cute and comfortable sneaker alternative
Accessories + JEWelry
- Blue lightweight scarf
- Skinny belts to accentuate waist
- Long gold necklace
- Tortoise necklace + earrings
- Delicate opal pieces
- Fun statement earrings
Favorite Stores and Brands
- Bloomingdales – high-quality basics and fun fashionable pieces.
- Joie – cute yet grown up details.
- Anthropologie – great for basics and special pieces.
- Theory – beautiful suiting.
- Tuckernuck – check out this online retailer for fun summer pieces.
- High waist pants / skirts
- Details like eyelet, ruffles, scalloped edges.
- Petite sizes when available.
- Heavy hardware details
- Gold shoes
- Exaggerated dolman sleeves
- Frumpy long sweaters
- As you continue to shop, make confident purchases! Before you purchase something, think of three outfits you can wear it with. If you can’t think of anything it probably doesn’t belong in your wardrobe.
- Make sure you’re wearing all your new pieces! Tie a ribbon to the front of each section of your wardrobe. After you wear and wash one piece, put it in front of the ribbon. Don’t rewear that piece until you’ve cycled through everything. If you really don’t want to wear something, it’s probably time to part with it.
- Inspire yourself by snapping a quick selfie when you’re dressed and create an album on your phone. When you’re feeling uninspired, open the album and find an outfit!
- Style it! Don’t forget to style your look by tucking in your shirt (or a half tuck when necessary), roll your sleeves and lift your collar).
- Add a third piece – either a jacket, blazer, sweater or scarf will finish the look!
Click to see larger images.